Wednesday, November 5, 2014

10/29/14-11/5/14

I took a little break from the positivity log, and probably at the worst time possible. I found out that Cora Rugland was killed in a car accident on October 24th, and I let myself ignore the positivity log for awhile. That was a mistake, but I'm going to continue doing it now keeping her in my mind.

10/29/14

1. I woke up in a comfy bed in my own room at home
2. I had a wonderful breakfast of banana blueberry waffles and an egg sausage omlette
3. I got to enjoy a bagel with my old friends from study hall in honor of Cora
4. I attended Cora's memorial and got to reconnect with a lot of people from my past
5. I feel less sad about Cora's death after it; I have gotten much closer to accepting it

10/30/14

1. Once again, I woke up in a comfy bed in my own room
2. An attachment popped off from my Invisalign, but they were somehow able to fix me up before my bus left. They even gave me another aligner so I don't have to miss any classes. The timing of the whole ordeal is beyond me.
3. I made it back safely to La Crosse and had a fairly decent day
4. I have the best parents in the world, no the best family in the world, hands down. I love these people more than life itself, and I take it for granted far too much.
5. The clementines my mother sent back up with me are very delicious.

10/31/14

1. I got to sleep in until about 9:00, and that felt great!
2. I went for a long run/walk in Myrick, and I observed nature. It was  pretty cleansing
3. I took a chance and asked people in my hall to hang out, and they invited me excitedly!
4. We did charity work by trick-or-treating for canned goods and helping combat hunger!
5. It turns out, these people are amazing, and I'm really glad I took that risk to start to get to know them!

11/1/14

1. A new month started today, and it feels like a fresh start almost
2. I got to work out and go to Starbucks with Annie
3. I also got to go to Buffalo Wild Wings with 1422; it was nice to not eat Whitney
4. I had a wonderful conversation with Megan Speich
5. I went to bed pretty early and got an extra hour of sleep thanks to daylight savings time

11/2/14

1. I went for a really long walk in Myrick, and it was refreshing
2. The weather wasn't bitterly cold today.
3. Annie made me dinner, and we watched a ton of cupcake wars
4. I got to talk to Mom for awhile

11/3/14

1. Two of my classes were cancelled today
2. I had the best lunch of oatmeal meatloaf and a baked apple
3. Yoga and dinner with Annie were splendid, as usual
4. I got a 92 on my Spanish exam

11/4/14

1. I finally confronted Lydia about something; this is the first time I have ever confronted anybody
2. My Spanish written exam went really well
3. My core leader meeting went well, and I feel like I know the other core leaders and RA's better
4. I went to dinner with Clara and Hannah and met two of their other friends. It was pretty fun, actually.

11/5/14

1. I got to sleep in today; I didn't work out besides yoga, but that's okay with me
2. They had rice noodles at Whitney today, so my lunch was very healthy
3. I emailed Lizzie and got a response. It was really nice to hear from her!
4. The on-campus dietitian, Katie, emailed me and thanked me for my thank you card. She also said I can ask her any questions. I feel really good about my career thanks to this!
5. I can for sure go home this weekend, which feels really darn good
6. Sadee gave me my name badge on the door! I feel like top crap, if you know what I mean!

No comments:

Post a Comment